Coaching and Mentoring Competence
I have developed my coaching and mentoring competence through:
- HRM and HRD roles
- Managerial and executive roles
- Coaching of senior managers in the context of action learning based change management programs
- Coaching of managers engaged in action learning and action research accredited programs at PhD and Master’s level
- Training managers in coaching skills
- Personal training and development.
1. HRM and HRD roles
- HRM Director, Department of Social Security, Qld. & NT.
- Personnel Manager, Greenslopes Hospital
- Training and Development Manager, Australian Taxation Office, Qld.
2. Managerial and executive roles
- Managerial and executive roles in 5 APS Departments over 15 years.
3. Coaching of senior managers in the context of action learning based change management programs:
- University of Queensland (5 years)
- VET Sector organisations (nationally – 4 years)
- APS Queensland Senior Management Development Program (10 months)
- Local Government Association of Queensland (10 months)
- Australian Taxation Office (10 months)
4. Coaching of senior managers engaged in action learning and action research accredited programs:
- Australia Post (6 months)
- Churches of Christ (Sydney)
- Anglican Aged Care Centre (Sydney)
- BHP (Woolongong)
- Conrad Jupiters (2 years)
- Lucent Technology (6 months)
5. Training senior managers in coaching skills:
- co-facilitated a “Coaching at Work” Program for senior managers in Flight Centre, Sydney.
6. Personal training and development:
- Training in DISC, MBTI, TMS (Team Management Systems), Repertory Grid and NLP
- Postgraduate studies in training and development (MBA specialisation)
- Intensive facilitation training at a two week residential workshop.