Managerial Experience Highlights
This covers my prior managerial and internal consulting experience in the Australian Public Service (APS).
My APS career spanned 20 years and covered five departments – Australian Taxation Office (ATO), Department of Social Security, Australia Post, Greenslopes Hospital and the Australian Public Service Board. My APS managerial experience encompasses 15 years, including 8 years at Executive level covering 6 positions in two departments.
Some of my significant contributions as a leader and consultant are covered under Capacity Building Competence.
Australian Public Service
- Executive Director, Corporate Services, Department of Social Security (Qld & NT)
- Director, Human Resource Management, Department of Social Security (Qld & NT) – covering 3,000 staff in 30 locations.
- National Development Manager – Australian Taxation Office – leading a national organisational development and cultural change project.
- Director of Productivity – responsible for training and development, organisational development, business improvement and computer operations in the ATO (Qld & NT).
- Manager of the Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE System), ATO Queensland – responsible for $700 Million revenue.
- National project experience in the ATO:
- justification of the duplicate central computer site for the ATO nationally
- design and implementation of the national accounting and information system (CTS)
- national risk management project